Wednesday 22 March 2017

Finally got to write!

I can't believe I've left it this long again! I'm not very good at this blogging lark! However, here I am with an update!
I'm very proud to say that my entry into the February / March Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge as seen in my third blog was chosen to be in the top 3, hence the new logo on my blog which links to the CB Challenge blog. Not bad for a first attempt! Well chuffed!!!

As far as craft goes, I've been pottering in the cabin and creating a couple of things. The first is a mini printers tray, painted with Starlight paints and finished with Pebeo gold gilding wax. For the mat I used Anna Marie Bliss green paper.  The tray has a fairy theme and the embellishments include some Clarity Wee Folk fairy stamps together with a selection of images and sentiments  from the Hunkydory For the Love of Stamps set. I used a Versafine black tuxedo ink pad and then a clear sparkle heat embossing powder. I filled the mini glass bottle with glitter and added it to the front flower  design.  Inside I glued in some gilded metal charms.




The next project was a canvas. I'd seen this demonstrated on Hochanda by Ruth Sadler. I cut a heart out of the centre of the canvas and glued a sheet of Anna Marie Bliss Green Script paper behind the aperture. I then used a glue gun with a sparkly silver glue and drizzled around the edge several times. I masked the centre heart and then spritzed Brusho powders to create a background. I then embossed a wooden  word 'love' and three wooden hearts with Silver Tinsel embossing powder and glued then on. I drizzled the same glue around the edged of the small hearts. I am really pleased with the result!


To end this blog, I've obviously been taking care of the kittens, now 8 weeks old and they continue to become more and more gorgeous! I have registered them with TICA and am awaiting the paperwork.

Who can possibly resist these little bundles of fluffy cuteness! From the top right we have:
Scallyrags Ocean Star (Seal Tabby colourpoint), Scallyrags Arctic Moon (Cream mitted tabby colourpoint), Scallyrags Savannah Sky (Seal colourpoint) and Scallyrags Desert Sun (Red Tabby colourpoint).   
My next project is a piece to enter into the new Chocloate Baroque Colour Challenge. Once finished Ill be posting it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Celia, lovely post and adore your creations, very inspiring. Oh those bundle of fluffs they are adorable.xx ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete